Elevate your teaching ability with the MAC method.
Prepare to learn from one of the most influential Zouk dancers in the world: Alex de Carvalho. His methodology has been used to train some of the most famous Zouk dancers in the world, including Kadu and Larissa, William Teixeira, and Mathilde dos Santos.
His reputation as a dance educator is unparalleled. Now, he’s willing to share this magic formula for personal and professional success with the current generation of Zouk teachers.
In this professional development program, you will be exposed to the core concepts behind Alex’s world-famous MAC teaching program. Over the day, you will expand your knowledge of Zouk teaching and dance technique, opening the door to more effective teaching and personal dance development.
It’s time to utilize one of the most powerful Zouk methodologies in the world. Are you ready?
Who is this program for?
This program is for Zouk teachers who:
- Have a minimum 1 year teaching experience (2+ years preferred), or
- Have an established student base, school and/or curriculum, or
- Are travelling Zouk professionals
Note: This program is targeted at experienced Zouk professionals. It assumes participants have experience teaching Zouk to beginner and intermediate level students.
This program is a summary of concepts used in the world-famous MAC training program. Concepts covered include teaching techniques and personal development in:
- Weight transfer, leg technique, and core technique
- Isolations, waves, chest, and cambre technique
- Connection, body contact, leading, and following
- Musicality, expression, improvisation, and dynamics
- Counterbalance and spins
- Horizontal and vertical leading and following
- Circular and linear movements
- A 1-day intensive program on Thursday May 18, 2017 between 12-7pm.
- Location: Downtown Toronto (address TBD)
- Price $145 CAD (before Jan 31, 2018, $170 afterwards)
Enrollment is by application only. If you are an experienced Zouk teacher looking to expand your horizons, you can apply online.