Imagine teaching Traditional Zouk using Renata Peçanha’s methodology.
Use the methodology that launched the careers of Freddy & Andressa, Clinton & Cristi, Leo Neves, Layssa Liebscher, Jorge Peres & Vanessa Rodriguez, and more. Gain confidence as a teacher by learning proven teaching techniques from the masters of Zouk. Inspire your students with foundations direct from Brazil.
Who is this program for?
- Scene leaders looking to start or improve beginner Zouk classes
- Strong social dancers who are thinking about teaching or coaching others
- New instructors looking to improve their teaching methodology
- Experienced teachers looking to improve their foundations curriculum
Note: This program is about learning to teach, rather than learning to dance. It focuses exclusively on teaching the foundations of Zouk Tradicional effectively. Social dancers who have no desire to teach may find this program the wrong fit for their goals.
Module 1: Learn the theory, history and music of Zouk through lectures (4 hours)
- Gain knowledge about Brazilian Zouk history and culture
- Learn essential concepts and best practices for Zouk teachers
- Understand the dance foundations and main features of Brazilian Zouk
- Discover how to teach students to count and feel Zouk music
Module 2: See how a proven Zouk methodology works on real students (8 hours)
- Shadow and assist in an 8-hour beginner program with real, first-time students
- See what questions students ask, and how to answer
- Understand the common issues students face, and how to overcome them
- Learn how to engage, inspire and manage a beginner Zouk class
Module 3: Practice what you have learned (4 hours)
- Assist real students during practica hours
- Get feedback and supervision on your teaching and dancing from top professionals
- Perfect your ability to switch between lead and follow
- Grow confidence in your teaching skills
You will get a Certificate of Completion when you finish the entire program.
To give future teachers the attention they need to grow, there are only 8 spots in this program.
Price for the entire teacher training program is $350+tax. This includes a full pass to the congress.
Enrollment is by application only.
- Applications are open until December 31, 2017.
- Application decisions will be made by January 15th, 2018.
- Aspiring teachers from areas with no current Zouk teacher or scene will be prioritized.
- Applicants who are not accepted to the full program may be offered the opportunity to attend lectures only.